Date:      Thu, 11 Dec 1997 23:29:46 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        i.vaudrey@bigfoot.com
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Porting questions

 * | Since the docs are COPIED rather than being used in-situ as a
 * | background resource, I'd say that ${PREFIX}/libdata/vilearn/
 * | really would win.

Well, there is no /usr/local/libdata. ;)

 * This seems valid to me. Did I make it clear that the documents
 * will be copied, not used directly? Of course, if you still think
 * share/doc/vilearn is the correct location then I will go with
 * that - you're the boss :-)

It doesn't matter whether they are copied or used directly.  I know
they aren't "documents" to be looked at per se, but directly under
"share" is getting a little crowded I'd prefer to bend the rules
slightly to squeeze it under "share/doc".  But really, either "share"
or "share/doc" is fine for me.

 * It was also suggested to me that we could display the message once,
 * at install time, rather than at the end of every vilearn session. Do
 * you think that would honour the authors' intentions, without bugging
 * everyone to death?

I guess that's fine too.  It's up to you.

Satoshi