Date:      Thu, 20 Apr 95 20:45:37 +1000
From:      Ian Wynne <ianw@ee.su.oz.au>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org

Hello Everyone:

Im using FreeBSD 2.0-950210-SNAP and I'm having problems getting "tip" to
work.

I'm using the same set up I used in 1.1.5.1 but I'm having problems.
This first problem is that if the phone number isn't placed in /etc/remote but
is placed in /etc/phones, I get an error message saying that it can't find
the phone number. That is only a minor problem.

The most serious problem is when the machine at the other end answers, I get
a message saying "RING" then my machine drops the line.

Kermit works fine. I've done stty -a </dev/cuaa1, for both "tip" and "kermit"
and the settings seem to be identical for all the devices cuaa1, cuaia1, and
cuala1.

Can somebody please help.

Best regards,

Ian Wynne	ianw@ee.su.oz.au