Date:      Mon, 27 Aug 2001 13:41:22 +0200
From:      Gerrit Kuehn <gerrit@pmp.uni-hannover.de>
To:        "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: problems with camcontrol rescan

Am Fri, 24 Aug 2001 schrieb Kenneth D. Merry

> It sounds like what is likely happening is that the controller isn't
> returning some of the CCBs that are being sent down to scan the bus.  Since
> the CCBs don't get returned, the rescan hangs forever.  This is just
> speculation, though; I haven't looked at the driver.

BTW: Joerg Wunsch, who advised me to state my problem in this list here, already
did have a quick look at the source of the driver. This is what he sent me:

case XPT_SCAN_BUS:
{
#ifdef DC395x_trm_DEBUG1
printf(" XPT_SCAN_BUS \n");
#endif
pccb->ccb_h.status = CAM_REQ_INVALID;
xpt_done(pccb);
}
break;

case XPT_SCAN_LUN:
{
#ifdef DC395x_trm_DEBUG1
printf(" XPT_SCAN_LUN \n");
#endif
pccb->ccb_h.status = CAM_REQ_INVALID;
xpt_done(pccb);
}
break;

From this fragment of code I really don't understand why there isn't at least
an error message.
And what is more: what happens when FreeBSD is scanning the devices on
boot-time? That procedure obviously is working fine...

cu
  Gerrit