Date:      Fri, 28 Apr 1995 18:16:56 -0500 (CDT)
From:      bob@obiwan.pmr.com (Bob Willcox)
To:        dufault@hda.com (Peter Dufault)
Cc:        gibbs@estienne.CS.Berkeley.EDU, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: aic7xxx Adapter support

Peter Dufault wrote:

> Justin T. Gibbs writes:
> >

> > When was the last time you updated your kernel before last night?  I'm
> > just wondering if you had run a kernel with Peter's tape drive fixes
> > prior to last night.
>
> What, me worry?

Looking back through my old mail, it appears that I may not have
tried the tape drive between 4/10 and now (I generally update my
sources and rebuild daily on this particular system, so it stays
within a day of -current).

> Before anyone asks me about this I'll point out it is Julian's
> work, and though I'll be happy to help as much as I can I really
> don't know much about different types of tapes.  Much to my pleasure
> my Exabyte has always worked without a hitch.

Which Exabyte drive do you have?  Mine are the older 8200 (with latest
firmware).  They work reasonably well with my BT-747S adapters.  I
am having some problems with the one on the AHA-2740A, though.

> > Other questions... How long does it take for your tape to rewind.  Do
> > you have disconnection enabeled for the tape drive and all other
> > targets?
>
> This is what I was wondering. We don't have the IMMEDIATE bit set
> in the rewind command, and so I guess you will tie up the bus if
> you don't allow it to disconnect.

Yes.  It is allowed to disconnect.

--
Bob Willcox