Date:      Thu, 12 Aug 1999 23:52:00 +0300
From:      "Andy V. Oleynik" <andyo@prime.net.ua>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@FreeBSD.org.uk>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with aliasing unregistered IPs on dialup server.

"Andy V. Oleynik" wrote:

> Brian Somers wrote:
>

> > > Hi everybody,
> > >
> > > I'm trying to configure dialup ppp server to
> > >
> > > assign unregistered IP to dialup clients.
> > >
> > > Before begining this process clients was assigned
> > >
> > > real IPs per ttyd* basis. All the changes I made
> > >
> > > was entry for one of the clients in ppp.secret like this:
> > >
> > > testclient    *    10.0.0.1    *
> > >
> > > to override "set iffaddr" statements in ppp.conf's profiles
> > [.....]
> >
> > Sounds like your Internet gateway doesn't know how to route 10.0.0.1
> > to your ppp server.

Hmm. In previous letter I misunderstood U. Yes, of course my border router
doesnt
know where 10.0.0.0/24 or similar resides. It probably asks roots and obtains
no or
invalidate answers. But I beleaved that ppp masquerding such an addresses so
answers reach the ppp server where they are retransmitted to 10.0.0.1 or
similar.
What did I misunderstand?

--
WBW  Andy V. Oleynik            (When U work in virtual office
prime.net.ua's                   U have good chance to obtain