Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 1996 08:17:22 -0500
From:      "Tim M. Kelley" <tkelley@cy.com>
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Removing boot manager, again.

At 08:53 PM 1/22/96 -0800, Doug White wrote:
>On Mon, 22 Jan 1996, Tim M. Kelley wrote:
>> Incidentally, the only reason I want to remove the boot manager is because
>> it doesn't recognize the FreeBSD disk. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
>This won't work since most BIOSs won't boot off the second IDE controller,
>if you're setup like you say below.  You'll have to move your Toshiba to
>the second controller and your FreeBSD onto the primary controller.

Can the FreeBSD kernel be customized to recognize an ATAPI CDROM as the
master (or slave, even) on the secondary IDE?

Here's how I'd like my set up in a pseudo-ideal PC (personal computer, not
politically correct :-) ) world:
  1.2 Gb DOS disk as master on primary
  1.0 Gb FreeBSD disk as slave on primary recognized by boot manager
  200 Mb DOS disk as master on secondary
  ATAPI CDROM as slave on secondary

Thanks for your help,
Tim Kelley