Date:      Sun, 14 Dec 1997 21:20:07 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Silly question

> OK.  Let's say I wanted to be silly and run my Libretto off of 10 D
> batteries rather than the nice LiIon battery that it came with.  does
> anybody see a problem doing this?  Basically, I'd plug them into the
> 15V power jack on the libretto.
>
> Comments?

Make sure you got a good voltage regulator on it and it should work
fine.  Batteries tend to get a bit weird towards the end, so a voltage
regulator is necessary to keep things nice and stable so you don't get
any weird power problems.

Personally, I'd spend the $$ and get a couple extra batteries for the
thing.  They're *ALOT* lighter than 10-D batteries, have a longer life,
and don't defeat the purpose of having a really light laptop and a
really heavy battery pack. :) :)

Nate