Date:      Wed, 3 Feb 2016 18:53:52 +0800
From:      Marcelo Araujo <araujobsdport@gmail.com>
To:        Ian Lepore <ian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, Allan Jude <allanjude@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: syslogd(8) with OOM Killer protection

Hi,

Thanks everybody for the feedback!
So here is a potential patch that covers what we did talk here already:
https://reviews.freebsd.org/D5176

Note that I'm still making more tests and this patch is not ready to be
used in production.

Basically we can add oom protection doing:

syslogd_oomprotect="Yes" where it will protect only the main processes.

Or

syslogd_oomprotect="All" where it will protect all future children of the
specified processes.

Best.