Date:      Sun, 31 Mar 2002 18:11:25 -0500
From:      Nathan Mace <mace_nathan@uchaswv.edu>
To:        Bob Bomar <bulldog@fxp.org>, hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Opinion: P4 vs Athlon XP

On Sunday 31 March 2002 05:54 pm, Bob Bomar wrote:
> I am looking to build a new workstation/ personal
> computer.  I have been running a PII 400 with shakey
> hardware for a while, and am wanting to upgrade to
> a new system that will be able to hang in the running
> for a while.
>
> I would like to get some opinions on which CPU is better
> P4's or Athlon XP's, and what the best motherboard.
> I am looking to buy the system in early summer.
>
> Thank You.

a good place to buy hardware is www.newegg.com at least in my opinion.  i've
ordered cpu's/motherboard/various cards from them and have been very happy.

on a more on-topic note check out
http://forums.cosmicshell.com/showarticle.php?revgrp=3

for a super motherboard review

personally i like abit's motherboards with cheap 900-1gig durons or athlons.
that way i can upgrade to something faster and not feel bad about spending
alot of money on my old cpu

nathan