Date:      Fri, 18 Aug 1995 08:18:21 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Syscons and IBM ThinkPads

As Terry Lambert wrote:

> > > Since we're in a quoting mood:
> > >
> > > ''The PS/2 offers yet a third alternative.  Scan code set 3 ...
> >
> > What do you wanna tell by this?
>
> You implied that it should be used; he implied that it was useless.  8-).

Guess why he's implying that it's useless?  He's looking from a DOS
point of view, where he has to maintain compatibility to this ancient
XT-scancode scenario.

Scan set 3 is the most rationale one, since it's strictly generating
just one scan code per key (+ the 0xf0 prefix when releasing the key).

> > I think it is.  All modern MF-II keyboards appear to support scan set
> > 3.
>
> I think you could test for 3, then test for 1 then cope with 2.

Well, currently it's only a compile-time option (in pcvt).  I doubt i
will have the time to revamp everything... perhaps, the keyboard code
in pcvt cries for a rewrite.

--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/