Date:      Mon, 22 Feb 1999 23:58:43 -0700
From:      Emmanuel Gravel <chemtechweb@psn.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   TCL/TK ports problem

System: FreeBSD 3.1 stable.  Recently updated ports.  Problem I've
had affects both TK versions 8.0 and 8.1.  TCL installs without a
problem.  TK won't make at all, indicating this:

Error: shared library "tcl80\.1\.2" does not exist
(it's tcl81\.1\.0 in the case of TK 8.1)

and then stops with error code 1.

I've tried first fully installing TCL, then installing TK.  I've
then make deinstall TCL and tried make in the TK dir.  It makes and
installs TCL without a problem, but always comes back with the same
message.

Anyone have a clue what this means?  I've even tried going in the
Makefile to remove the extra \'s (after backup of file of course)
but it didn't change a thing...

Thanks,

Manu