Date:      Fri, 27 Jan 2012 01:03:48 +0000
From:      "=?iso-8859-1?Q?Ant=F3nio_Trindade?=" <antonio.trindade@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-fs@freebsd.org, freebsd-bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kernel: panic: softdep_sync_buf: Unknown type jnewblk

I'm sorry for so many mails...

Please cc me about this, because I'm not on any of the FreeBSD mailing =
lists...

Thanks in advance.

Cumprimentos/Best regards/Mit freundlichen Gr=FC=DFen,
Ant=F3nio Trindade
Antonio <dot> Trindade <at> gmail.com

S=EDtios pessoais:
Galeria Fotogr=E1fica: http://trindade.myphotos.cc/fotos/
Blog de fotografia: http://trindade.myphotos.cc/fotografia/
Blog de not=EDcias: http://trindade.myphotos.cc/noticiasavulsas/
Blog pessoal: http://trindade.myphotos.cc/pensamentosnoar/

On 2012/01/27, at 00:44, Ant=F3nio Trindade wrote:

>=20
>> From: Ant=F3nio Trindade <antonio.trindade@gmail.com>
>> Date: 27 de Janeiro de 2012 00:40:06 WET
>> To: freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-fs@freebsd.org, =
freebsd-bugs@freebsd.org
>> Subject: kernel: panic: softdep_sync_buf: Unknown type jnewblk
>>=20
>> Cheers.
>>=20
>> I recently updated my system to FreeBSD-9.0 and activated softupdate =
journaling for a number of file systems (name /home, /var, /usr).
>>=20
>> Since then I have been experiencing kernel panics:
>> kernel: panic: softdep_sync_buf: Unknown type jnewblk
>>=20
>> Yesterday, Jan 26th, I got 6 (six) automatic reboots due to these =
kernel panics.
>>=20
>> I have now disabled softupdates journaling in the hope that the =
panics disappear.
>>=20
>> I am sorry for not providing more information about the panic, but =
I'll gladly try to gather more info if instructed how to.
>>=20
>> Cumprimentos/Best regards/Mit freundlichen Gr=FC=DFen,
>> Ant=F3nio Trindade
>> Antonio <dot> Trindade <at> gmail.com
>>=20
>> S=EDtios pessoais:
>> Galeria Fotogr=E1fica: http://trindade.myphotos.cc/fotos/
>> Blog de fotografia: http://trindade.myphotos.cc/fotografia/
>> Blog de not=EDcias: http://trindade.myphotos.cc/noticiasavulsas/
>> Blog pessoal: http://trindade.myphotos.cc/pensamentosnoar/
>>=20
>=20
> I forgot some additional info:
> To deactivate softupdates journaling, I rebooted into single-user mode =
and ran full fsck to every file system I had activated journaling for.
> To my surprise, fsck reported errors (namely wrong block counts and =
bitmap errors, nothing serious).