Date:      Tue, 14 Oct 1997 12:58:26 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        Eivind Eklund <perhaps@yes.no>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: doc-all collection?

On Tue, 14 Oct 1997, Eivind Eklund wrote:

> I considered the removal of the SGML tools a pity - I'd have liked to
> be able to write man-pages in a more powerful form of markup later,
> e.g. DocBook.  That way, integration between man-pages and the

I agree, but developing good support for that would demand a lot
more time than I have to devote to FreeBSD, and there hasn't been
much interest expressed in developing the tools further. However,
the effort going into "mdoc-ifying" existing man pages is
valuable in facilitating automatic conversion an SGML/XML format
at some point in the future, should that be a desirable thing to
do.

-john