Date:      Mon, 22 Sep 1997 08:47:08 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        jonny@coppe.ufrj.br, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: More reports on the GUS PnP with Luigi's driver

> Joao Carlos Mendes Luis scribbled this message on Sep 19:
> > I have downloaded the 970909 version of snd driver.  The output in
> > dmesg is somewhat different form the previous one, so I'm sending
> > both:
> ok.. I assume this is a GUS correct?? did the GUS work on the previous
> version of snd??  Luigi will have to answer more of this...  ttyl..

The situation with the GUS is the following: the new sound driver
never worked with it, it merely has the hooks to recognize the card
and call the attach routine. The latter is (presumably) missing
many things related to the initialization of the IW chip, so the card
does not actually transfer any data.

Since I do not own such a card it is pretty much useless that I
write code without being able to test it. We are stuck with this
situation until either someone with a GUS finds the time to update the
driver, or someone sends me a GUS (and does not expect to have it
returned) and I find the time to work on it. Incidentally the latter
might happen within the next few weeks.

	Cheers
	Luigi