Date:      Wed, 1 Nov 1995 19:53:51 -0800 (PST)
From:      -Vince- <vince@apollo.COSC.GOV>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@ref.tfs.com>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, roberto@keltia.freenix.fr, jc@irbs.com, current@FreeBSD.org, FAQ@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 2.1 update

On Wed, 1 Nov 1995, Julian Elischer wrote:

> > > 	So what you are saying is that -release is really just -current
> > > at some point?  and -stable is just really -current before a -release?
> >
> > NO.
> NO?
> I think he has it right eventhough he says it a bit oddly..

	Well, it was like 2am and I was up for 20 hours sitting here so I
wasn't exactly awake ;)

> -current always moves forwards.
> every so often a 'branch' is made that is eventually made into a release..
> What I'm not sure of myself, is whether -stable
> derives from -current, or from a previous (unstable?) release.
> (because we are effectively doing both at the moment)

	That is what I wanted to know since I noticed after every
release, people will sup -CURRENT and then like there will be a ALPHA,
BETA, GAMMA version but now it seems like there is only SNAP, and STABLE
whatever that is...

Cheers,
-Vince- vince@COSC.GOV - GUS Mailing Lists Admin
UC Berkeley AstroPhysics - Electrical Engineering (Honorary B.S.)
Chabot Observatory & Science Center - Board of Advisors
Running FreeBSD - Real UN*X for Free!
Linda Wong/Vivian Chow/Hacken Lee/Danny Chan Fan Club Mailiing Lists Admin