Date:      Mon, 13 Dec 1999 10:23:06 -0500
From:      Peeter Pirn <peeter@rhubarb.fwi.com>
To:        Ryan Troy <rtroy@springsips.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: after installing qmail

Read the qmail docs. Here's a quote from BLURB:

Replacement for sendmail: qmail supports host and user masquerading,
full host hiding, virtual domains, null clients, list-owner rewriting,
relay control, double-bounce recording, arbitrary RFC 822 address lists,
cross-host mailing list loop detection, per-recipient checkpointing,
downed host backoffs, independent message retry schedules, etc. In
short, it's up to speed on modern MTA features. qmail also includes a
drop-in ``sendmail'' wrapper so that it will be used transparently by
your current UAs.

After normal installation, the sendmail wrapper is at
/var/qmail/bin/sendmail. Make your old sendmail, e.g.,
/usr/sbin/sendmail be a symbolic link to /var/qmail/bin/sendmail.

Peeter Pirn - peeter@rhubarb.fwi.com