Date:      Mon, 6 Feb 2006 16:22:52 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Gary D. Margiotta" <gary@tbe.net>
To:        Christian Brueffer <chris@unixpages.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Intel ICH5R Raid support

> Well, if you have suggestions on how to improve the manpage, let me
> know.  Basically read support lets you use the RAID, but creation,
> rebuilt etc must be done from the controller BIOS.  With write support
> you can do all this from atacontrol(8).
>
> - Christian

No, the man page is laid out properly, I think it's my fault that I missed
the distinction between BIOS usability and atacontrol(8) usability.  I
think the former is what I was looking for, and for some reason it didn't
jump out and smack me in the head when I was reading it over the first
time.

I just want to be able to set up the RAID in the BIOS, and have FBSD
recognize the array as just one disk and go from there.  I've not used
atacontrol much, and although it might be much more flexible and better
to use, I haven't had time to play around with it for my setups.

Thanks again.

-Gary