Date:      Fri, 23 Aug 2002 12:12:11 -0400
From:      "bill" <bill@TechServSys.com>
To:        freeBSD-Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   sendmail panic - new install

I just installed 4.6.2-RELEASE and am trying to use sendmail to send mail
generated in a cgi program.

I put sendmail_enable="NO" into /etc/rc.conf
sometime later, after a reboot for unrelated reasons I tried out the web page
that submits the email via a perl program that invokes sendmail.

the console said:
Aug 23 11:37:24 serve/TechServSys sendmail[184]: g7NFbMPx000184:
Losing ./qfg7NFbMPx000184: savemail panic
Aug 23 11:37:24 serve/TechServSys sendmail[184]: g7NFbMPx000184:
SYSERR(www): savemail: cannot save rejected email anywhere

so something is obviously wrong or not yet done on configuring sendmail.

(I figure when I can see the rejected email that I will have a clue as to why the
cgi is not working)

thoughts/suggestions/help is appreciated
-bill-