Date:      Thu, 29 Apr 1999 14:00:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Paul Southworth <pauls@ieng.com>
To:        freebsd-atm@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 3.0 ATM - more logical interfaces?

I would like to have more than 32 logical network interfaces associated
with a single physical ATM device.  'atm set netif ...' appears to max at
32.  Let's say I wanted a thousand network interfaces - I guess I have two
questions: (a) where are all the places that need to be changed, and (b)
am I going to break anything?  The second question is the one that I'd
really like to beg for an answer to.

I am running 3.0-RELEASE on i386 with an ENI PCI OC3 card.

[I realize the idea of hundreds of network interfaces may sound stupid -
the purpose is "let's pretend a huge router to test absurdly large scaling
of routing protocols".]

--Paul