Date:      Mon, 05 Jun 2006 04:18:22 +1000
From:      Mikhail Goriachev <mikhailg@webanoide.org>
To:        Pavel Duda <element@email.cz>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and newer HDD problems ?

Pavel Duda wrote:

>> Currently there are a few active threads related to similar issues
>> (controllers and their drivers). You might be interested in following
>> them:
>>
>> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2006-June/123577.html
>>
>> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2006-June/123588.html
>>
>> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2006-June/123673.html
>>

>> Cheers,
>> Mikhail.
>>

> Hmmm so how you explain that with Debian system on SAME machine I'm ABLE
> to get transfer speeds about 10MB/s ?? Or do you mean I can't go faster
> with FreeBSD and only solution is switch to Linux ??

I'd blame drivers. The other question I won't answer, but you might find
  explanation by following the threads I gave you. Apparently, there are
some issues with some controllers and their drivers.

Cheers,
Mikhail.

--
Mikhail Goriachev
Webanoide

Telephone: +61 (0)3 62252501
Mobile Phone: +61 (0)4 38255158
E-Mail: mikhailg@webanoide.org
Web: http://www.webanoide.org

PGP Key ID: 0x4E148A3B
PGP Key Fingerprint: D96B 7C14 79A5 8824 B99D 9562 F50E 2F5D 4E14 8A3B