Date:      Thu, 26 Oct 1995 00:49:12 -0700 (PDT)
From:      William Wong <wwong@wiley.csusb.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   NFS problems...

Does the NFS in FreeBSD 1.1.5.1 work with IBM RS/6000 machines running AIX 3.2?
Does it work with an Intel box running ESIX System V release 3.2 ?  Whenever I
mount the hard disks on those machines, NFS chokes when the FreeBSD box tries
to write to the mounted filesystems as root.  I'm using the FreeBSD box as a
mail server and mounting the /var directory because the hard disk is small
(130 Megs).

Btw, are ESDI drives being supported on FreeBSD 2.0.ish versions?  I can get
the 1.1.5.1 version to install with no problems, but the 2.0.ish versions would
just refuse to install.  I'm using the same geometry with the 2.0.ish versions
as with the 1.1.5.1 version.

Any answers or comments would be greatly appreciated! :)

--
William T. Wong                      |
Network Analyst, Assistant           |