Date:      Sat, 10 Jun 2000 13:55:23 -0700
From:      Everett F Batey <efb@cotdazr.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        Everett F Batey <efb@cotdazr.org>
Subject:   UPGRADE 2.2.8 to 4.0R

Absent any place to make a good backup .. what are chances of my
buying the 4.0R CD set and binary over-installing atop my 2.2.8 main
qmail, Apache 1.3.3 (includes capable) http and DNS server and living
to tell about it ?

Is Enlightenment/GNOME viable under 4.0R without a lot of work ?

Ideas about running IPFW and NATD on web/mail server ?  Still a
recompile ?

Thank you for any guidance and comments.  Linux is nice but I still
feel safer and much more secure with FreeBSD.

/Everett/

--
 + http://www.vhwy.com  efb@vhwy.com WA6CRE@arrl.net http://www.cotdazr.org +