Date:      Mon, 23 Jan 2017 15:37:31 +0000
From:      Pete French <petefrench@ingresso.co.uk>
To:        petefrench@ingresso.co.uk, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Horrible zpool resilver perormance on local hast

Partially answering my own question here, as it occured to
me that the zpool is scattering writes across the disc in 4k blocks,
but hast has a minimum extent size of 2meg by default. Thats eems like
a likely culprit for the 'dirty blocks' multiplcation I am seeing.

I shrunk down the extent size to 16k to see if that helped, and I
now see a far smaller dirty block to written block ration, but
also the write speed has now shrunk down even more to around 50k/s :-(

Any advice on tuning this properly ?

-pete.