Date:      Tue, 10 Jun 1997 06:31:26 +0000
From:      Justin Ashworth <ashworth@spacehog.structured.net>
To:        Zoltan Sebestyen <sebesty@cs.elte.hu>
Subject:   Re: Xdm - xlogin

Zoltan Sebestyen wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I've just modified /etc/ttys to start X by xdm(didn't want to bother
> with login/startx). Now I've got two questions: Does anyone know the
> resources of xlogin(I'd like to change the background and some properties
> of the xlogin window)? Before that change I've set XAPPLRESDIR to
> ~/app-defaults where some of my X resource files reside. How can I tell
> xdm the same thing? (It surely won't read my .bash_profile :-)

There's all kinds of fun stuff in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm (assuming you
installed to the default directory). I strongly recomment you take a
look at http://chaos.fullerton.edu/XBanner/ as well.

Hope this helps!

Justin Ashworth, Intern               Structured Network Systems
justin@structured.net                 http://www.structured.net
Maybe Computer Science should be in the College of Theology.
		-- R. S. Barton