Date:      Tue, 6 May 1997 22:47:43 +0200
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        freebsd-current@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: floppy related kernel messages

As Christoph Kukulies wrote:

> In 3.0-current I'm seeing floppy problems on several machines.
> They're all manifesting in some kind of
>
> isa_dmastart: cannel 2 busy
>
> which seems to occur as the first message after an fdc error, e.g. door
> open or write locked with the next access after fixing the condition
> that led to the first error.

I can reproduce this message (and will try to fix it), but i'm afraid
it's unrelated to this:

> In consequence of this I seemed to have had a system crash (reboot
> w/o panic) a couple of minutes ago.

A few people have been reporting silent reboots, but i've never been
able to see them myself.

Check question: you aren't perchance using the block devices, are you?

(Hmm, maybe i should start using the buffered devices, too, even
though it's an error to use them.  Maybe this will trigger the bug...)

--
cheers, J"org