Date:      Wed, 06 Jun 2001 11:02:37 -0700
From:      Soren Kristensen <soren@soekris.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Making support for ADSL interface ??

Hi Everybody,

I would like to inquire about what it would take to make a driver for a specific
ADSL board with direct PCI interface to FreeBSD....

First, lets assume that I will supply boards, and that all necessery
documentation will be available.

How good is FreeBSD current structures for running ADSL, I'm thinking about the
ATM support already present, and probably using netgraph ? I would need support
for the most common protocols used worldwide, t.ex PPPoATM, IPoATM....

Next, is there any takers for doing the actual work ? I would probably need
somebody who has some knowledge about ADSL and ATM, and have access to some
equipment and/or lines for testing.

I will probably be able to offer some limited payment for the work, the driver
will probably be possible to release under BSD license, and the resulting
hardware will be available at low cost.

Regards,

Søren