Date:      Mon, 26 Aug 2002 16:46:04 -0700
From:      Ross Finlayson <finlayson@live.com>
To:        Andy Sparrow <spadger@best.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Configuring for the Compaq Presario 7360 audio device?

> > Has anyone successfully configured FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE for the audio
> capture
> > device (audio line in) that's in the Compaq Presario 7360?  This device
> > appears to be on the motherboard, and I believe it's an ESS Allegro PCI
> > audio device.
[...]
>Ross, if I'm understanding you correctly, you need to (a) remove the sbc
>device and (b) put this line in /boot/loader.conf:
>
>snd_maestro3_load="YES"

I tried this, but unfortunately the kernel wedged during booting (at "ppi0:
<Parallel I/O> on ppbus0").

>You could try a 'kldload snd_maestro3' from the command-line

I tried that too, but it also wedged the kernel.  I got a console message
pcm0: <ESS Technology Allegro-1> port 0x1000-0x10ff irq 5 at device 13.0 on
pci0
and then the kernel wedged.

Any ideas (before I go out and buy a new sound card)?

         Ross.