Date:      Wed, 4 Feb 1998 00:36:26 +0000
From:      James Raynard <fhackers@demon.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   sigprocmask.S - help requested!

I'm trying to tackle the NSIG=32 barrier by changing sigset_t
from an int to an array.  Having uncovered a rather disappoining
amount of code that assumes sigset_t == int, I've reached a stage
where I can compile a new kernel, reboot, login and run "normal"
code; however, I've noticed that anything involving blocking
signals fails because sigprocmask(SIG_UNBLOCK,...) doesn't
restore the old signal mask.

It seems that the sigprocmask call gate is rather "different",
and I don't know enough about GAS or call gates to understand
what's going on.  Can anyone help me out?

(Diffs to follow when I'm happy with them).