Date:      Tue, 12 Nov 1996 17:16:24 -0800 (PST)
From:      batie@aahz.jf.intel.com (Alan Batie)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   rsvp sendto error

I'm trying to get rsvp running on 2.1.5-RELEASE; despite the fact that
it's supposedly already ported, when *I* compile it, in the startup
code, it makes a sendto() call, which errors out with ENOENT.  This
apparently can't happen: not only is it not documented (don't we wish
*that* meant anything :-) ), but in the kernel code for sendto, the
*code* doesn't return it.  Apparently, something else is getting turned
into ENOENT, but I've no clue what, which makes it hard to debug the
problem...  The obvious answer is an invalid socket handle, but it's
been properly socket()'d and bind()'d, and it's still got the same
value it got from socket().  The other possibility is that I *think*
it's trying to send to a multicast address, and I don't *think* it's
joined the group yet.  I'll pursue this line a bit more, but thought
I'd see if there were any bright answers from here that might save me
some time...

--
Alan Batie                     ------        What goes up, must come down.
batie@aahz.jf.intel.com        \    /        Ask any system administrator.