Date:      Wed, 15 Feb 95 19:29:01 EST
From:      perry@imsi.com (Perry E. Metzger)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: BSD for DEC Alpha

In answer to the question about Alpha ports:

It might be heretical for me to mention it here, but since the
question was asked generically of BSD being available for the Alpha
rather than FreeBSD, and in the interest of open information (and
since I monitor both operating systems), I'll note that the NetBSD
port to the DEC Alpha seems to have begun to be checked in to their
current CVS tree starting as of a night or two ago. I understand that
the kernel work is nearly finished but still a bit shakey, and that
lots of userland bugs exist. This is reportedly a full 64 bit clean
kernel, with all that implies.

(Awaiting rifle shots for having mentioned NetBSD here...)

Perry