Date:      Mon, 05 Apr 1999 23:17:18 -0500
From:      ktb <xyf@inetnebr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Install from Linux directory.

This is my first attempt to install FreeBSD.  I've used Debian Linux for
a couple months and am no power user.  I'm trying to install 3.1 and my
cd-rom isn't supported.  I've made the kernel and root floppies and
attempted several installs.  I have two hard drives.  One with
dos/windows95 and the second with Linux.  I'm trying to install on the
drive with Linux.  I have read most of the documentation I can find and
looked at the archives.  I copied several of the files from cd-rom to
dos as instructed into the FREEBSD directory and tried installing from
there and got an error "couldn't extract: bin, doc....."
 I'm not at all familiar with dos so I tried to install from Linux.  I
copied the entire disk to /home/kent/FREEBSD.  I tried to access the
files during the install by putting "/home/kent/FREEBSD" in as a valid
path.  I had no idea if that would work, just took a shot. I got the
same error "couldn't extract...."  So is there anyway to install from
the Linux side?  What can I do to get this done?
Thanks,
Kent