Date:      Sun, 14 Mar 1999 23:03:48 +0000
From:      druida <druid@eoe-magical.org>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Setting up quotas

I am setting up quotas acording to the handbook references at
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook141.html#272

I have completed these steps

1. This is done by adding the following line to your kernel
configuration file:
options         QUOTA

2. If you are running FreeBSD 2.2.2 or later, the configuration file
will be /etc/rc.conf instead and the variable name changed to

check_quotas=YES

3. I rebooted and all went well, it runs quota and no kernel bugs.
then I get confused with the changes I need to make to the fstab file.
Included here is a copy of my current file along with the changes
the document says to make, I do not see the relationship so I am not
sure what to do. Can some one help.?

my fstab file.......

# Device           Mountpoint             FStype
Options            Dump          Pass#
/dev/wd0s1b         none                      swap
sw                    0                 0
/dev/wd0s1a           /                          ufs
rw                     1                 1
/dev/wd0s1f           /usr                      ufs
rw                     2                 2
/dev/wd0s1e          /var                      ufs
rw                     2                 2
/dev/wcd0c           /cdrom                  cd9660
ro,noauto          0                 0
proc                      /proc                      procfs
rw                     0                 0

To enable per-user quotas on a file system, add the userquota option to
the options field in the
/etc/fstab entry for the file system you want to to enable quotas on.
For example:

/dev/sd1s2g          /home                    ufs
rw,userquota      1                 2

so does this just get added to my next line in my fstab file.?

quota.user and quota.group
Do I create these manualy.?

Thanks..