Date:      Sun, 18 May 1997 15:29:09 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   guspnp7 minor release

GUSPNP7 5/18/97
This sound driver is for FreeBSD 3.0-current.

This is a minor sound driver release for  the GUS PnP Pro and GUS Max.
There is no new functionality in this release .

The difference between a GUS PnP and a GUS PnP PRO is that the Pro
comes with 512kb. I went out an got a 1mb 60ns 30pin simm and installed
it on my GUS PnP. I own a GUS PnP and a GUS PnP PRO.

To unpack:
cd /
mv /sys/i386/isa/sound /sys/i386/isa/sound.old
cd /sys/i386/isa/
tar -xzf guspnp7.tar.gz

**DO NOT RUN the configure program in /sys/i386/isa/sound**

cd /sys/i386/conf
Edit the kernel config file in /sys/i386/conf

IF YOU HAVE A GUS MAX or GUS add the option NOGUSPNP to the config file
	OPTIONS NOGUSPNP
  THEN follow the instructions for NONPNP CONFIGURATION

PNP CONFIGURATION
To configure your guspnp PRO if you have a motherboard which supports
PnP:

	controller snd0
	device gus0 at isa?  vector gusintr

NONPNP CONFIGURATION
To configure your guspnp PRO if your motherboard does NOT support
PnP:

device gus0 at isa? port  0x220 irq 11 drq 1 flags 0x3 vector gusintr

the gus pnp is fully software configurable and the above configuration
is setup for full duplex audio. The dma channel settings are:

drq 1   	--- DMA channel for playback

flags 0x3	--- DMAN channel for recording

config <kernel-file>
cd /sys/compile/<kernel-file>
make
make install

THERE IS NO NEED TO BOOT TO DOS TO CONFIGURE YOUR GUS PNP.
THE DRIVER HAS BUILTIN SUPPORT FOR PNP WHICH I GOT
FROM THE  GRAVIS DRIVER DEVELOPMENT KIT

Many thanks to  Brian Litzinger <brian@MediaCity.com> for
porting the sound driver 3.5 to 2.2-current. Well, that was a while
ago hence the reference to 2.2.

	Have fun,
	Amancio