Date:      Sat, 11 Aug 2001 14:21:45 -0400
From:      Gary Stanny <stanny@TDFltd.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Can I run - 2 SMTP servers or have 1 SMTP server listen to 2 ports

Hi all -

I run a small LAN behind my cable modem. The cable company blocks incoming
access to sendmail port 25 (unless I buy the $$$ business package). I have
given
my sister an email account in my domain and she has been sending her out-going
email to my old dial ISP who forwards mail for my domain. So now that I
have cable
access I want to cancel the dial-up account but I'll need to handle my
sister's
out-going mail.

So can I punch a hole in the firewall and allow inetd to start another copy of
sendmail to handle her messages? Or can I tell sendmail to watch 2 ports (the
standard 25 & something else)? Or does somebody know of a light weight
solution like a perl script that could grab the incoming message and just
pass it to sendmail?

Anybody have a solution?

And please CC an answer direct to me since I get the list in digest form
and I'm
hacking now :-)

Thanks a bunch.

cheers

gary

Gary Stanny          Tierra del Fuego Ltd.    www.TDFltd.com
stanny@TDFltd.com    Financial Software       734-449-8306 (voice/fax)
7725 Shady Beach Dr  Whitmore Lake, MI, 48189 USA