Date:      Mon, 07 Feb 2000 14:06:53 -0500
From:      Peter Schwenk <schwenk@math.udel.edu>
To:        David Wiard <dave@srn.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: apt-get, dselect?

The easiest way to install the packages on the CD is to use the
/stand/sysinstall program.  You want the configure option from the main menu.

David Wiard wrote:

> I've been using Debian on my other system for some time, now, and just
> installed FreeBSD for the first time on this system.  Is there anything
> similar to Debian's apt-get or dselect in FreeBSD?  When I installed
> FreeBSD over the weekend, I had some troubles and quite a few packages
> weren't installed (egcs, for one).  How do I extract that package from the
> CD without hunting it down?
>
> TIA
>
> --
> dave wiard (dave@srn.com)
>
> The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long.

PETER SCHWENK                                    |  UNIX System Administrator
Department of Mathematical Sciences              |  University of Delaware
schwenk@math.udel.edu                            |  (302)831-0437 <-NEW!!!