Date:      Sat, 21 Nov 1998 21:08:18 -0500
From:      Malartre <malartre@aei.ca>
To:        Jonathan Levy <jlevy@henry.sandi.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: a few questions

Jonathan Levy wrote:

> 1.) I have a dos partion mounted, butit is read-only. How can i get
> access to write to it?
> 2.)I have a Matsushita CD-ROM drive connected, but FreeBSD won't
> recognize it is there. What do I do?

Hi
This was one of my previous mail:
---------
Assuming that wd0s1 is your first FAT16(32 if you have 2.2.7 or higher)
partition, you can execute the mount command has root:
# mkdir /dos
# chmod 770 /dos
# mount -v -t msdos /dev/wd0s1 /dos

or read only:
# mount -rv -t msdos /dev/wd0s1 /dos

or add it in the /etc/fstab file:
/dev/wd0s1              /dos            msdos   rw              0
0
or read only:
/dev/wd0s1              /dos            msdos   ro
0       0
WARNING: this text may have some error in it.
---------
Thank You
--
[Malartre][malartre@aei.ca][http://www.lowrent.org/freebsd/malartre/]