Date:      Mon, 3 Nov 1997 17:24:46 +0100 (MET)
From:      Paul Dekkers <paul@gromit.eu.org>
To:        andrew@ugh.net.au
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: multiuser?!

On Mon, 3 Nov 1997 andrew@ugh.net.au wrote:

| On Sat, 1 Nov 1997, Paul Dekkers wrote:
|
| > use some kernel options for it, and if I change that I can login with more
| > users, but is there really a limit of just 64 users that can login using
| > telnet or rlogin?! (there are more pty's in /dev!)
|
| No...you can have many more than that. Have you looked at /etc/ttys?

Yes, but I couldn't use more ttys than 14 or smth if I didn't change the
value in the kernel config. And there's a note that said "a maximum of 64
users", so I set it to 64... But is that really "the" limit?!

| > Has anyone good (or bad) experiences with FreeBSD and multi-user systems?!
|
| Yep FreeBSD handles load very well.

And doesn't eat that much memory - so do you think It is as good as
digital unix or hp for multi-usering?!

Paul