Date:      Thu, 24 Apr 1997 22:49:14 +0300
From:      Penisoara Adrian <ady@earthling.net>
To:        freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   The false typo & SMP kernel problem

Hi!

  Steve was right, that what I reported as a typo was in fact a disk
error (or maybe a network error, who knows ?).
  Still, I'm facing again with ps,netstat,etc. problems when I compile a
SMP kernel from the new cvsup'ed smp-sys tree. Please note that I had a
working and stable SMP kernel from an older cvsup tree (I think 1 Apr
97).
  Even WORSE: copied the GENERIC file and just made slight adjustements
for my system (like disabling other SCSI controllers/Network cards than
mine) and with NO SMP options and the same result:
  #ps
  ps: proc size mismatch (17280 total, 632 chunks)
  #netstat
  ???
  netstat: kvm_read: Bad address
  [....]
  [ totally wrong output ]
  [....]
  #

 For now I'll try the older stable tree. Strange is that I had exactly
the same kind of problems each time I tried the current SMP source tree.

  Ady (@earthling.net)