Date:      Thu, 13 Mar 1997 16:17:48 +0200 (SAT)
From:      John Hay <jhay@zibbi.mikom.csir.co.za>
To:        bde@zeta.org.au (Bruce Evans)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd@magnet.geophysik.tu-freiberg.de
Subject:   Re: CTM-deltas over ftp ?

> >where can I get the cvs-cur CTM deltas over ftp now since
> >spatter.freebsd.org is down ?
>
> spatter is dead.
>
> >I have mirrored these here since cvs-cur.1700A.
>
> They are very difficult to get.  The CTM servers mentioned in the
> handbook all suffer from serious problems:

> ftp://ftp.internat.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/CTM
>     Has everything, but has a very slow link.  I got #3113-3116 from
>     there the other day when there was 50-100% packet loss, dozens of
>     ftp disconnects and an average speed of < 20 bytes/second!

Well we had a small little problem for a few days. :-( Half of the
1Mbit/s between Uninet (which is our "ISP") and the rest of the
internet was unavailable because of the failure of one of the links.
It took a few days to get fixed in which it was going up and down
and generally playing havoc. It should be better now...... I hope. :-/

If it is still THAT bad please tell me. (But don't expect USA speeds.
We only have 1.25MBit/s between us and the rest of the internet. Us
being the Uninet which are 30+ universities, technikons and schools.)

John
--
John Hay -- John.Hay@mikom.csir.co.za