Date:      Thu, 4 Apr 2013 11:12:48 -0500
From:      Kevin Day <toasty@dragondata.com>
To:        Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/177536: zfs livelock (deadlock) with high write-to-disk load

On Apr 4, 2013, at 11:07 AM, Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> on 04/04/2013 19:05 Kevin Day said the following:
> [a lot]
>=20
> One link: https://wiki.freebsd.org/AvgZfsDeadlockDebug

Sorry, should have mentioned i've seen this.

I've tried procstat, but i've failed at keeping it cached long enough to =
use it when this happens. If I try running it, the shell gets stuck in =
'ufs'. I'm going to add a cron job to just run procstat periodically so =
hopefully i can run it without it needing to touch the disks.

I built a more debug friendly kernel and tried to drop to ddb when this =
happened, but it didn't provide anything useful. When I hit 'enter' on =
'alltrace' it hard locked without printing anything.

I haven't been able to trigger a core dump, and this system has no =
serial or firewire ports for live debugging.