Date:      Fri, 2 Nov 2001 10:43:08 -0800 (PST)
From:      "f.johan.beisser" <jan@caustic.org>
To:        spectre <spectra@pisem.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: your mail

On Fri, 2 Nov 2001, spectre wrote:

> Hello
> I have a problem...
> When I run 'ln' command it answers
> 'Operation not supported'
> what I need to do?

the "ln" command summery is available via the man pages. please do
yourself a favour, and read up on them for a bit.

so, going onward:

what were you trying to do?

ln is used for creating links in the filesystem, rather handy when you
need to point a file to another file. very useful, on many levels.

if you're getting "operation not supported" errors, you have to be doing
something very odd. could you provide the exact command you attempted?

> P.S. I'm root

that's nice.

  http://caustic.org/~jan                      jan@caustic.org
   "if my thought-dreams could be seen..
       "they'd probably put my head in a gillotine"
	     -- Bob Dylan