Date:      Thu, 28 Feb 2002 10:42:13 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        jlboss@yahoo.com
Cc:        Chris Landauer <cal@rushe.aero.org>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, kbstew99@hotmail.com
Subject:   Re: dual boot with 4.5 and windows 2000 pro - how?

Justin L. Boss wrote:

> How do you make that bootsect.bsd manually.
> If i remember right you do
> dd if=/dev/ad0s? of=bootsect.bsd bs=512K count=1
> or
> dd if=/dev/ad0s? of=bootsect.bsd bs=1K count=512
> or something like that. If you know let me know.
> thanks.

I mounted the c-drive and cp'ed it to the c-drive. I also have a cd#2
and you can copy it using the DOS copy command or ftp. You can change
the name in the get by doing something like
ftp ...
bin
get
/boot/boot1
bootsect.bsd

If you have FreeBSD on an HD other than a ad0, you have to use one of
the other options and config it. I used the same drive for simplicity
reasons.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart