Date:      Sun, 7 May 2000 11:52:48 -0300 (ADT)
From:      Marco Shaw <marco@nbnet.nb.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ed0/ThinkPad/mknod question

If someone could be so kind to give me an 'ls -al' on /dev/ed0...

I've been banging my head against the wall for a couple of days.  I can't
get the networking to work on my ThinkPad 390x.

My biggest block right now it to get the ed0 device driver to create
itself.  I've cleaned up the devices at boot time (boot -c-->visual) to
make sure ed0 was there without conflicts, but it still doesn't show up in
dmesg.

Now I'm going to try to create the device manually with mknod to see if
that gets me any further.

pccardd just complains about 'no card in database for ""("")', but I've
copied over pccard.conf.sample to pccard.conf, unless there's something
else...

Thanks,
Marco