Date:      Wed, 2 Oct 2002 01:43:41 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      jau@iki.fi (Jukka A. Ukkonen)
To:        www@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Add FUUG (Finnish UNIX Users Group) to you list of UNIX/FreeBSD groups

	Howdy!

	The subject field in header should tell most of the stuff.
	If you want to add some description about FUUG to your web
	pages, you are welcome to use the following text or edit
	it to suit your web pages.

<clip>
	FUUG has been around since 1984 and it is willing to provide
	a forum also for the FreeBSD users and developers in Finland
	to discuss and share information and ideas. We even have our
	own informal *BSD SIG.
	Guru-is-in type sessions are organised several times a year
	without any regular interval, because the experts of the day
	pretty much have to be allowed to select the times which suit
	them best.
	In organising larger events we have concentrated our effort
	in a yearly mini conference cruise on the Baltic sea and in
	together with the other Nordic UUGs organising the yearly
	NordU/USENIX conference in one of the Scandinavian countries.
	We also try to give our own contribution to the legislators
	in Finland when new laws affecting IT related matters are
	being planned.

	FUUG does not concentrate on any particular flavour of UNIX,
	but tries to be fair towards any UNIX style environments.
	This of course does not mean people have no favourites of
	their own. (The writer of this text is a long time FreeBSD
	supporter - since 2.0.5, but it does not mean he does not
	see nor understand the other UNIX varieties he finds around
	him every day. In fact his professional life nowadays revolves
	much more around Solaris than any other flavour of UNIX.)
	We endorse portability and open specifications as our primary
	goals. We try to broaden peoples' views about computers and
	computing in general, and try to offer people ideas about what
	computers and computing could ideally be. (OK our ideal might
	be somebody else's curse. - Pick your own favourite foe. ;-)
	As already said we also try to affect the legislative process
	in Finland when we can, and computer related matters are being
	discussed.

	Our web pages are at <http://www.fuug.fi/>. Regrettably they
	are still in Finnish only, though we have never had a special
	intention to block out the speakers of other languages. (We
	apologise the Swedish speaking minority of Finns and all the
	foreigners living in Finland for the linguistic threshold.
	Nobody has simply had the time to do the translations yet.
	- Maybe some of you who already have adopted a fair amount of
	Finnish could volunteer to help with the translation.)
</clip>

	Cheers,
		// jau
  /    Jukka A. Ukkonen,                            Mawit Ltd, Finland
 /__   M.Sc. (sw-eng & cs)                    (Phone) +358-500-606-671
   /   Internet: Jukka.Ukkonen(a)Mawit.Com      (Home) +358-9-6215-280
  /    Internet: ukkonen(a)nic.funet.fi
 v     Internet: jau(a)iki.fi

+ + + + My opinions are mine and mine alone, not my employers. + + + +