Date:      Sun, 7 Oct 2001 15:48:16 +0200
From:      "Jose M. Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>
To:        bob bobing <this_is_my_act@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: maestro 2e

On Sat, Oct 06, 2001 at 05:47:05PM -0700, bob bobing wrote:
> ok, it works fine when build into the kernel, but i'm
> talking about the module, not a kernel with pcm built
> into it. btw you didn't answer my first question.
> btw i can kldload the module, but cat /dev/sndstat
> shows nothing. Also can you try removing pcm support
> from the kernel, reboot and once fully up kldload the
> maestro module, then see if you can cat /dev/sndstat
> and see a configured sound card?

There is no difference between adding "device pcm" to the kernel config
file and adding the definition

  snd_maestro_load="YES"

to /boot/loader.conf. Well, actually there _is_ a difference: using the
module consumes less memory. Anyway, both methods work just fine.

--
****** Jose M. Alcaide  //  jose@we.lc.ehu.es  //  jmas@FreeBSD.org ******
** "Beware of Programmers who carry screwdrivers" --  Leonard Brandwein **