Date:      Tue, 14 Mar 1995 13:08:10 -0600 (CST)
From:      faulkner@mpd.tandem.com (Boyd Faulkner)
To:        terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        faulkner@devnull.mpd.tandem.com, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: BSD Consortium

> > Does anyone know if the NetBSD people are interested in a consortium?
> > If not, the appeal is lessened... for me at least.
>
> The initial list of goals I put up shouldn't step on any directional
> toes, specifically to avoid any conflict between FreeBSD, NetBSD, or
> BSDI (or anyone else who would be interested).

I am not so worried about the goals as if there is any interest in having
common goals from the NetBSD side.  A one member, FreeBSD, consortium
would be pointless.  If NetBSD is interested for any reason, then there is
a point.  I haven't heard anything that says that they are.  If we cannot
gain a united front on this issue, hunting for other members further
from home is going to be much harder.  Has the question been put before
them?

Boyd

 Boyd Faulkner                                  faulkner@isd.tandem.com