Date:      Mon, 09 Oct 2000 12:10:39 +0200
From:      Dmitry Makovey <dimon@ids.pl>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   sound from VIA82C686 and ESS-Maestro2

--------------4D6C6EE8D108B8CEADE7DC87

I found that in the fresh release dirvers for VIA82C686 and ESS-Maestro2
apeared, but they wan't work. Before this I've used a patch to kernel to
enable my VIA82C686, but now I have only noise in my speakers and when I
applied patch - kernel wan't compile. What should I write in config-file
for kernel - device pcm, device pcm0, device pcm0 at isa..... ?

--
WBW, Dmitry Makovey

dmitry_makovey@mail.com

--------------4D6C6EE8D108B8CEADE7DC87

I found that in the fresh release dirvers for VIA82C686 and ESS-Maestro2
apeared, but they wan't work. Before this I've used a patch to kernel to
enable my VIA82C686, but now I have only noise in my speakers and when
I applied patch - kernel wan't compile. What should I write in config-file
for kernel - device pcm, device pcm0, device pcm0 at isa..... ?
<pre>--&nbsp;
WBW, Dmitry Makovey

dmitry_makovey@mail.com</pre>
&nbsp;</html>