Date:      Fri, 05 Mar 2004 11:36:26 -0500
From:      Nick Nelson <snelson@valdosta.edu>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   5.2.1 Unbootable on my Hardware

Hi folks,

I've recently tried to install 5.2.1 on a new system of mine, basically
it's an AMD 3000XP, Radeon9800 Pro, Corsair XMS RAM, Lanparty Ultra II
(http://www.dfi.com.tw/Product/xx_product_spec_details_r_us.jsp?PRODUCT_ID=1524)
with a SerialATA (Marvell 88i8030 chip), I have one SerialATA drive and
one IDE drive.

I've tried booting off both the SATA drive and the IDE drive, each time
it gets to:

---

Timecounters tick every 10.000 msec
lo0: bpf attached

---

and stops..I ran it with logging to get that much information. I've
unplugged the SerialATA, which I thought would resolve it, but didn't.
Any ideas?