Date:      Mon, 12 Mar 2012 18:59:13 +0000
From:      Paul Macdonald <paul@ifdnrg.com>
To:        kamolpat <kamolpat@dmaccess.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: question about SMTP-authentication (3rd )

On 12/03/2012 15:47, kamolpat wrote:
> Dear Matthew,
>
> Ok, I got sendmail complied. Thanks.
> But seem like ...
> POP3 still working in clear text usr/pwd sending to Server (but it
> work, I can get mail from server normal). When I chose option in
> ThunderBird to another mode, it doesn't work (accept "connection
> security: none", "authentication method: password transmitted
> insecurity" this is the option that TB dectected during setting mail
> account)
>

> SMTP doesn't work it declare
> from Thunder Bird:
> ================
> Send Message Error
> The Kerberos/GSSAPI ticket was not accepted by the SMTP server
> mail.dmaccess.co.th Please check that you are logged in to the
> Kerberos/GSSAPI realm.
> (event I change "authentication method: Kerberos/GSSAPI", it still
> inform this message)
>
> from /var/log/maillog
> Mar 12 22:38:04 ns1 sendmail[93331]: q2CMc4jF093331:
> ppp-58-8-130-33.revip2.asianet.co.th [58.8.130.33] did not issue
> MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN during connection to MSA

what are you using as the authentication method for sasl?

there are multiple authentication mechansims available for sasl(2),
simplest is probably saslauthd

*In /etc/rc.conf
*saslauthd_enable=yes

In /usr/local/lib/sasl2/Sendmail.conf have:

pwcheck_method: saslauthd

make sure its running
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/saslauthd start

add a user with saslpasswd2

Test your u/p locally with testsaslauthd
testsaslauthd -u <user> -p <PASS>

(if thats not working it won't work over the network either)

have TB set to conn security to STARTTLS and password security set to
"normal password", (for non encrypted password obv)

Paul.

--
-------------------------
Paul Macdonald
IFDNRG Ltd
Web and video hosting
-------------------------
t: 0131 5548070
m: 07970339546<<PLEASE NOTE NEW MOBILE<<
e: paul@ifdnrg.com
w: http://www.ifdnrg.com
IFDNRG
40 Maritime Street