Date:      Fri, 07 May 1999 13:47:02 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Seth <seth@freebie.dp.ny.frb.org>
To:        Greg Quinlan <greg@qmpgmc.ac.uk>
Cc:        Joseph Jacobson <jacobson@pobox.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Strange reboot saga

But it's NOT the same.  His reboots occur when he starts X.  Yours occur
randomly (or periodically.  Nobody can tell since there's no debugging
information you can provide right now).

The problem with "ME TOO!" hysteria is that everyone wants to jump on the
bandwagon when a subset of the symptoms match.  This just adds to the
noise level and makes troubleshooting real problems that much more
difficult.

Now, your problem may indeed be the same as Joe's... but given that the
most significant event (the trigger) doesn't match, I think you'll
have a hard time justifying a correlation.

To move forward, perhaps someone can help you figure out how to capture
the necessary information for the people who will eventually identify and
fix the problem (I'm waiting for this information myself, BTW.  I'll take
another stab at the Handbook.)

SB